Kenya Desktop Computers Available to The Public.
The following models are supported:
- HP Compaq Pro 6300 Microtower,
- Acer Desktop Computer,
- Dell OptiPlex 3020-Mini Tower,
- Dell OptiPlex 7010 DTCore,
- Lenovo Think Center,
- HP 290 G1 – 18.5,
- HP Pro 3500 MT Desktop,
- DELL VOSTRO 3667-6TH GEN,
- HP 6000 TWR Desktop Tower,
- Dell XPS 8900, Lenovo V520 TOWER,
- HP 280 G2 Microtower Computer.
The Case for A Traditional Computer
A desktop personal computer (PC) is the way to go if you need a powerful machine that can do everything. Desktop computers are ideal for storing large amounts of data and playing games with high-quality visuals. The desktop environment may also be customized. If you want a better computer experience, you may upgrade the storage, RAM, and graphics card. Since desktop computers don’t need batteries to function, you may keep working for extended periods without worrying about running out of juice. A desktop computer is impractical to bring to school and much more to set up at your child’s desk.
Desktop computers are ideal for distance education and homeschooling. A desktop computer has several uses, from academic research and writing to fun and games outside class. All-in-one PCs are another option; these sleek machines have all of their parts hidden beneath the display. They don’t need as many wire connections, so they’re more portable and easier to set up, and they don’t need as much room on the desk.
The Pros of Using a Desktop Computer
- A desktop computer’s big keyboard makes it simple to type.
- A large amount of data may be saved on the PC due to its large hard drive.
- Using a desktop computer is a safe bet. A computer-based enterprise may be established with little difficulty.
- It’s simple to create presentations on a desktop computer. Microsoft PowerPoint is only one kind of presentation software available.
- Cleaning a desktop computer daily is recommended because of how readily it collects dust.
- The cost to maintain these PCs is rather inexpensive. Just take it to your local computer store, and they’ll replace or fix it for you.
- Information is saved in “the cloud,” a term for a network of remote servers. Data from websites and applications may be stored on them and available around the clock.
- There are more expansion slots for memory, graphics card, GPUs, and hard drive-in desktop computers. Extra hardware components are simple to integrate.
- Use a computer to access the wealth of knowledge online and reap its benefits.
- The computer makes it simple to do intricate mathematical computations.
- Your desktop PC may be customized to meet your specific requirements. Adding a high-capacity hard drive or solid-state drive (SSD) will provide you with the additional storage space you desire. Memory and video cards may also be expanded to meet individual requirements.
- A desktop computer is also suitable for prolonged usage. Additionally, they will not get too hot throughout the summer. However, if we compare this to laptops, we see that laptops need a charger to have longer battery life. In addition, laptops tend to heat up rapidly.
- Laptops don’t last as long as desktops.
- Since desktop computers have powerful graphics hardware, they can run any game.
Desktop PC Drawbacks
- The purchase price of a desktop computer is high.
- Desktop computer users often squander time viewing videos.
- Computer users may lose a lot of time playing games that can become addicting.
- The additional noise emitted by a desktop PC’s operation is distracting.
- A desktop computer needs more area than a laptop, and ideally, its room.
- This is because Bluetooth and infrared are not standard on desktop PCs.
- To utilize your computer, you must always connect it to an electrical outlet.
- Mobile devices and laptops make it simple to adjust the viewing angle, while desktop computers need a physical motion of the arm to move the display.
- The mouse, keyboard, and monitor for a desktop computer must be purchased separately.
- Audio cables, power cables, video cables, headphones cables, keyboard cables, mouse cables, and so on are all required for a desktop PC.
- The many programs and applications you use on your computer might compromise your personal information.
- The desktop computer takes up a lot of room, making it cumbersome to relocate. A desktop computer also needs a dedicated workspace, such as a desk.
- Computer use may cause health problems as with any activity involving sustained concentration. Problems including headaches, sore muscles, and blurred vision are just a few examples.